Blogs in categories fall home projects
Over the past week, warmer temperatures had it feeling more like summer than autumn. Nonetheless, it is fall and the chilly nights are here, soon to be followed by cooler days. Early fall is the prime time to do some housekeeping to ensure an organized and equipped home.
Clean up and clear...READ MORE >
Here are some tips to keep in mind as we approach the heating season:
- Close the damper in the flue when the fireplace isn't being used.
- Keep fireplace enclosed with a metal screen and the surrounding area free of flammable materials.
- Use glass doors properly: leave them open while fire is burning and closed once the fire is out.
- Burn seasoned firewood only: damp wood encourages buildup, while paper, cardboard, etc., presents a danger.
- Make sure each floor of your home has a functioning smoke detector.
- Protect your home's exterior by keeping wood stacked away from the siding and the roof free of debris.
- Never leave a fire unattended.