Blogs from March 2015
Let's get ready for spring! Inside and outside, your home needs some attention as the harsh winter weather comes to a close. Here is a helpful task list so your home can be as ready to welcome spring as you are!
- Check that you have a functioning, filled fire extinguisher accessible.
- Have your HVAC system professionally inspect and cleaned.
- Check your water heater for leaks and corrosion.
- Replace air filter.
- Clean the dryer exhaust duct. Get rid of any lint and dust that lurks in the region under the dryer.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, making sure to replace batteries. Reminder, there should be one on each floor and you should test the batteries monthly.
- Check the light bulbs in fixtures, making sure they are the proper wattage to avoid fire hazards. Bonus: if you have not already done so, replace lights with fluorescent bulbs to save energy and cut down on the amount of heat produced.
- Inspect your roof for any damage. Be very cautious...